Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do you get salon hair at home?? What products do salons use? Does Anyone actually work at a salon?!?

What kind of straightening irons do they use? What kind of heat protection stuff do they use? What is the name of the shampoo/conditioner they use? Advice from any pros or people who actually work at a salon, please tell me the secrets%26lt;33





btw: i straighten my hair almost everyday, but not so much during the summer. i also dye my hair quite a bit.





I need people who actually work at a hair salon to answer this question.





-thank you so muchHow do you get salon hair at home?? What products do salons use? Does Anyone actually work at a salon?!?
Well first off, there are so many products on the market that not every salon will use the same ones. We use everything from Redken to Enjoy to Matrix to Sebastian to Pureology. And the ones we use will depend on your hair, that goes for shampoos/condtioners styling products etc. If you color your hair frequently, I generally recommend the Pureology line.





As for flat irons...I use a Paul Brown Hawaii, but Ive had CHIs %26amp; others in the past. (CHI Is crap BTW.) Other stylists in my salon use Paul Mitchell, Sedu %26amp; GHD etc. Just personal preference.





I would caution you against flat ironing your hair everyday...its really hard on your hair. If you do flat iron use a good heat protectant (Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide) and also a straightening balm (Redken Align)

No comments:

Post a Comment