Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much do Hairdresses make at fancy salons?

It seems like the price of a good haircut for women is going up more and more. I feel even more ripped off when I am tipping. I am happy with my hair dresser and would like for her to have a good tip but the price I pay for the hair cut seems a bit ridiculous. I am a very picky person when it comes to my hair and don't trust just anyone. However, if I found out how much they make I may reconsider finding a cheaper place. Currently, I pay $75 every 6-8 weeks for my cut.How much do Hairdresses make at fancy salons?
Depending on the salon, the hairstylist makes anywhere form 30-70%. They also may get paid an hourly rate instead of commission. I am a nail tech and I know tips are greatly appreciated. We work hard and they are a big part of our income.





You should be tipping your stylist 15-25%How much do Hairdresses make at fancy salons?
depends. probally more than i make. also i hear that some offer other things for more money. like getting naked and doing things for you. i had 1 sit on my lap and ask if i wanted to trim her hair, not the 1 on her head. she wanted 50 bucks. it was late and it was just about time to close, so i did say yes. but she wanted more money. what a con she was. i went in for a 10 dollar haircut and walked out with a 100 dollar well you get what i mean. but she was hot so it was worth it. until i had to go to the clinic. but thats a whole different story. my wife was not real happy with me. whats the moral of this story? when you go in for a haircut just get your haircut. leave the hair person alone. thanks hope this helps
i pay around $50 for my haircut. i've been using the same hairdresser for 11 years. when i first went to her it was only $15. i finally asked her a few years ago what percentage she got. she said she makes 25%-50% depending on what she's doing but then the boss ends up charging her a ';rental fee'; for working there so she probably makes less than her ';cut';.
I suggest women get $10 haircuts and colour only twice a year!!!!!!
The stylist I see charges $70 for a cut, $125 for highlights. So if I get a cut and highlights, there is $200 right there before tip.





He has been at this salon for twelve years, he has reached the point where he gets 50% of his earnings and no longer ';rents'; his chair. I have tried to figure out what his annual earnings are as well, and to the best of my knowledge, I would approximate that he is earning about $60k a year.





If your stylist pays rent for their chair and has an assistant, that is money directly out of their pocket.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment