Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where in TN has the least nail salons or where is the best place to open one?

Hi I'am planing on opening a nail salon soon. I live in Nashville TN. There are too many nail salons here so i want to know where has the least. I dont care where it is located at as long as it's in TN. Thank for your help, hope this helps me.Where in TN has the least nail salons or where is the best place to open one?
I haven't noticed many here in Dickson. There are probably a few, but they aren't all over the place like in Nashville or Murfreesboro. I just looked in the phone book, and there are only 8 listed.





The cool thing about Dickson, too, is that it serves as kind of a hub for many surrounding rural communities. So your shop would likely have customers from a good 20-30 miles or so around Dickson.Where in TN has the least nail salons or where is the best place to open one?
Welcome to the fun art of dot mapping. You either do this yourself or you pay for this info from a company. Mind you, it can get very expensive.





I have done this a few times for my company when I have looked at new towns. So I know where competition is, where other items are that help my business, etc.





Best way I found was download Google Earth (just put that into the search). Its a 3D mapping program of the earth. Then get online in a phone book and hit up the nalon salon section.





Then input each address into Google Earth and place a marker. Do this over n over for each town or the town you are looking at. Once you have them all dotted on the map. You will easily see where an opening is, where they are grouped. Where not to be, etc. And from the open zones you then study those areas to see if a nail salon would survive or not.





This is the ugly, paper pushing side of business I hate to say. But take the time and do it, save and or print it out as well. And its valuable info that will always help your company. Before Google Earth came along, I use to do this with an actual wall map from floor to ceiling of a town and used boxes of colored push pins.





Even go to the main nail salon company web sites to collect all their store locations right away. Least get all the corporate stores dotted as they are the big bucks. Then dot the independant owners by phone book. If you have a hard time finding an online yellow pages, there is one on the front page of www.dogpile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment