Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do you think this obsession with Twilight has been bad for tanning salons?

Just hear me out, okay!


A large percentage of people who are regulars at tanning salons are girls from the ages of 15-20.


A large percentage of people who are huge Twilight fans are girls of the same age.


Twilight repeatedly extols the beauty of porcelain skin.


Do you think any girls have stopped tanning because of this, coupled with the fact that more people now than ever are aware of the dangers of overexposure to the sun?Do you think this obsession with Twilight has been bad for tanning salons?
yea i think all tha wannabe-vampires who think that they could get a ';immortal-unhuman-vampire'; boyfriend.


well a pack of flour would be do the same effect!Do you think this obsession with Twilight has been bad for tanning salons?
Well, I've never been big on tanning beds, but I'm part native american, so any time I spend in the sun is reflected quickly, and I always liked having a tan. But, as a fan of the twilight series, I will admit that having read the series has helped me see that being pale can be beautiful - which helps my self-esteem recently, because I moved to the Pacific Northwest a few months ago, and Bella is right; there really isn't any sun. I've turned white as a ghost. Or a vampire, lol.





But I think a good question is wether or not twilight fans opinion on tan vs. pale is affected by their character preference? Such as TEAM EDWARD girls finding porcelain skin more appealing, while TEAM JACOB girls are inclined to go for dark skin? Idk.
i have porcelin skin, i've never been concerned about it, this is just the way i come. i hope girls do realize hat they don't have to be tan (or orange and leathery) to look good. trust me ladies, nobody notices as much as you do, and guys don't really care in the end at all. i've been complimented many times on the ,milkiness, or albaster, or creaminess of my skin. as long as you know how to wear it, you can look good in any skin.
no, thats crazy.


i get that Twilight is a great book and all that, but people aren't going to try to stay white.


i know that i love to be tan (:


its because we are in a HUGE ecomonic crisis, so most people do the cheap way, going outside or tanning lotions.


most people just dont have the money for stuff like that anymore.
lol!! good point...





i guess i really would not be surprised if it did, because that makes total sense...


wow, just think in a few more years, the girls will all be going back to wearing hats and sunbonnets and gloves all the time to keep their skin white... :O





then asian people like me will no longer have people saying, ';you're so lucky, you have a tan all the time!'; hahaaha
Hopefully, I don't even get why people would want to tan... Why exactly do you want to look orange lol? I love pale skin, I think it's nicer and more original than the usual bimbo tanned skin craze. It's also incredibly dangerous and can damage your skin for life. x
huh. that really is something to think about. i've read twilight, i love twilight, but i don't really go tanning. only in the summer. i know i won't stop tanning, as soon as it's warm enough to, that is.
haha, i have stopped tanning at the salons too.


If I get pale, it doesn't bother me any more, haha.


I guess Twilight did have an effect on it, haha.
I'm proud of my natural tan skin haha, i wouldnt let some lame-@ss book to tell me my non-porcelain skin isn't beautiful.
lol I think so, girls do get obsessive over anything. Now that a lot of girls are such fans of twilight their gonna want to be as white as snow.
I would have thought people dying from skin cancer after using a tanning salon would be more of a problem.
lol good question


%26amp; ya probably


but i personally have always found


really pale/porcelain skin way prettier
Yeah maybe. But it makes no sense. I mean, if one likes to be tan.. then go tanning right? Why let a book or someone else's decision effect ones choice. Ahh people these days, always followers.
Yea some peps are weird! LOL
uhmm like, why does it matter?





TWILIGHT SUCKS!
lol yeah i dont tan anymore i used to use tanning cream

No comments:

Post a Comment