Friday, May 14, 2010

What salons in the atlanta area offer free cut and styles for locks of love donations?

This will be the third time I donate my hair to locks of love. They used to post a list of salons that gave a discount/incentive for donation and they don't any more. The first stylist I went to is no longer listed and the second salon did not impress me. I realize that haircuts aren't necesarily free, but i know there must be people out there who are comitted to helping potential donators. I love donating whenever possible (usually takes me about 2 years to grow 10 inches) but I can't afford an expensive haircut and I need someone who knows what they're doing to help my crazy curly hair *Not* look like a puff ball when it's cut!What salons in the atlanta area offer free cut and styles for locks of love donations?
Please do NOT donate your hair to ';Locks of Love';. They are a complete scam ! Check out give.org's take on them:


http://www.give.org/reports/care2_dyn.as鈥?/a>





Locks of love made only 113 wigs in an entire year, they SELL the majority of the hair received (for extensions) and they do not allow for independent auditing of their financial records. Who knows where the money from selling hair really goes to, somebody's pocket perhaps ?





A lot of hair doesn't even make it Locks of Love, type in ';human hair ponytail'; on EBay and look at all those listings. That hair is being sold to hair fetishists.





If you don't mind your hair ending up on Paris Hilton's back or sold to a pervert though ....... go ahead and ';donate';

No comments:

Post a Comment