Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it alright to go to tanning salons during pregnancy?

During my pregnancy I went to the tanning beds a lot and I got a bikini wax every week.Is it alright to go to tanning salons during pregnancy?
i dont think its safe..


heres some info on it.


http://www.tanning-advisor.com/pregnancy鈥?/a>Is it alright to go to tanning salons during pregnancy?
I wouldnt recommend it although my OB said it was ok. I didnt feel comfortable doing it. I tried the tan mist but I think due to my hormones, it ended up looking unnatural when I looked at my pics (i went to a wedding)... I think certain chemicals will react differently on your skin due to hormones and such. But you can always just try the ones in the bottle... I use Loreal Sublime bronze and it is very good. It looks natural. Try it and you will see. But as for tanning bed, I wouldnt recommend it.... I wouldnt risk it.
hey hun. Actually your supposed to avoid extremes while pregnant because your throwing off your homeostasis so much. I used to work in a tanning salon while I was in high school and we had strict rules against pregnant ladies tanning b/c of the risk of over-heating. I don't know what state you live in but most NYS tanning salons prohibit pregnant ladies from tanning. With all that being said I don't think that there is a huge chance something could go wrong but people just want to be safer than sorry u know?! GOOD LUCK HUN!!!





ps...thankfully spring is right around the corner and we will be getting more sunny days!!
hiya


not sure about tanning don't know if there is any real evidence on wether its any worse for you while pregnant than not. The only thing i could think of is the pigments of your skin so you could end up with darker blotchy patches but the same goes if you go out in the sun. Don't think docs recommend it at all! as for the waxing iv been told that it dosent cause any harm while pregnant.
I've heard both that it's safe and unsafe. I personally wouldn't do it. Plus tanning during pregnancy is a bad idea in general because a lot of women experience such shifts in hormones that your skin will get dark and blotchy after exposure to UV rays.
where i live they dont allow pregnant women to tan. its a state law i believe


im pretty sure they do it for overheating reasons


im not sure if its totally safe.


plus it might be hard for you to get in and out of the bed or for the bed to even close all the way - depending on the bed you use
i don't think ur suppose to tan while pregnant. I think u should call ur doc and ask them if its alright to tan while pregnant. I don't think there is anything wrong with the bikini wax but the tanning needs to stop
My doc said no, as you can over heat yourself which can be harmful to your baby.
  • buy makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment